Peaches Pie Recipe
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust. Trim pastry to 1 in. beyond edge of pie plate; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the peaches, lemon juice and extract. Add sugar, tapioca and salt; toss gently. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 3. Pour into crust; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Seal and flute edges.
- 4. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes. Remove foil; bake 20-30 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 425 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Peaches Pie
"Tasted great - only used half the sugar. Still plenty sweet!"
"This is my go-to peach pie recipe. Not a fan of having cinnamon with peaches....covers up the fresh flavour of the fruit. This pie also freezes well for a little taste of summer in the winter."
"very good..however i left out the almond extract and also used 1/2c brown sugar & 1/2c white sugar...pie had a nice 'fresh peach' flavor."