Lemon juice adds a nice tang but also keeps peaches from turning dark. Frozen peaches can be used if they are first thawed and well drained.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust. Trim pastry to 1 in. beyond
- edge of pie plate; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, lemon juice and extract. Add
- sugar, tapioca and salt; toss gently. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Pour into crust; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry; make a
- lattice crust. Seal and flute edges.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil; bake 20-30 minutes longer or until crust is golden
- brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8