Lemon juice adds a nice tang but also keeps peaches from turning dark. Frozen peaches can be used if they are first thawed and well drained.
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust. Trim pastry to 1 in. beyond edge of pie plate; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, lemon juice and extract. Add sugar, tapioca and salt; toss gently. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Pour into crust; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Seal and flute edges.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes. Remove foil; bake 20-30 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Peach Pie in Complete Guide to Country Cooking Cookbook 1998, p336
Reviews for Peaches Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review