This is the dessert I make when I'm craving something cool and fruity. It's a lovely ending to any meal. The cream cheese adds zing to the fluffy filling. —Elva Roberts, Summerside, Prince Edward Island
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar; stir in butter. Set aside 1/4 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Drain peaches, reserving syrup in a 2-cup measuring cup. Add enough water to measure 1-1/2 cups. In a large saucepan, combine 1/4 cup sugar and cornstarch; stir in syrup mixture until smooth. Add peaches. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Spread half of the cream cheese mixture over crust. Top with half of the peach mixture; repeat layers. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Remove sides of pan before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Peaches and Cream Torte in Country Woman August/September 2008, p37
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peaches and Cream Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review