Peaches 'n' Cream
I love to cook for family and friends and this is my recipe that is most often requested. A surprisingly simple summer dessert, it is heavenly warm from the oven, with fresh peaches tender and tasty.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sliced peeled peaches (about 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in
- Place peaches in two small baking dishes. Add syrup; stir gently to
- coat. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until
- peaches are tender. Serve warm or chilled with cream. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 341 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.