Peaches 'n' Cream Lattice Pie Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 5 to 7 tablespoons ice water
- 5 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine egg and vinegar; add to flour mixture. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough forms a ball.
- 2. Divide dough in half. Roll out one portion to fit a 9-in. pie plate; transfer to pie plate. Trim pastry even with edge; set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine peaches and lemon juice. In another bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt; stir in cream. Pour over peaches; gently toss to coat. Spoon into crust. Dot with butter.
- 4. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Seal and flute edges. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- 5. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake for 45-50 minutes or until peaches are tender and crust is golden brown. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 605 calories, 34 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 658 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Peaches 'n' Cream Lattice Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.