Sweet juicy peaches, a fluffy filling and a graham cracker crust make this creamy dessert a fitting finish to any warm-weather meal. You'll be glad it makes four servings because it tastes too good to have just one. Karen Oakes of Wichita, Kansas sent in the recipe.
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 10 large marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped peeled fresh or frozen unsweetened peaches, thawed
- Line an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan with plastic wrap; coat with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Reserve 2 tablespoons for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into prepared pan; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt marshmallows with orange juice; stir until smooth. Cool. Whisk in confectioners' sugar until smooth. In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into marshmallow mixture. Fold in peaches.
- Pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Using plastic wrap, lift dessert out of pan; cut into four pieces. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peaches 'n' Cream Dessert in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 39
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peaches 'n' Cream Graham Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review