Peaches 'n' Cream French Toast Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup peach preserves, divided
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 8 slices French bread, (1/2 inch thick)
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- Confectioners' sugar
- Sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 medium ripe peaches, sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, beat eggs and 3 tablespoons preserves. Stir in cream. Arrange bread in a single layer in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Pour egg mixture over bread; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. For peach butter, in a small bowl, beat 4 tablespoons butter and remaining preserves until fluffy; set aside.
- 3. In a large skillet or griddle, melt 2-3 tablespoons butter (if desired). Toast sandwiches until bread is lightly browned on both sides, adding butter if necessary. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and almonds. Serve with peach butter and sliced peaches. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 742 calories, 29g fat (16g saturated fat), 228mg cholesterol, 1023mg sodium, 101g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 5g fiber), 18g protein .
Reviews for Peaches 'n' Cream French Toast
"DELICIOUS AND EASY. EVERYONE SHOULD TRY IT. SELOGY"