Looking for a way to make French toast into something extra special? This scrumptious breakfast dish is topped with peach butter and bursting flavor. Whip it up the night before and grill in minutes on a busy Christmas morning.
Recommended: 30 Recipes to Make with Fresh Blueberries
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup peach preserves, divided
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 8 slices French bread, (1/2 inch thick)
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- Confectioners' sugar
- Sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 medium ripe peaches, sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter, optional
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and 3 tablespoons preserves. Stir in cream. Arrange bread in a single layer in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Pour egg mixture over bread; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- For peach butter, in a small bowl, beat 4 tablespoons butter and remaining preserves until fluffy; set aside.
- In a large skillet or griddle, melt 2-3 tablespoons butter (if desired). Toast sandwiches until bread is lightly browned on both sides, adding butter if necessary. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and almonds. Serve with peach butter and sliced peaches. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peaches 'n' Cream French Toast in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p14
Reviews for Peaches 'n' Cream French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2011
"DELICIOUS AND EASY. EVERYONE SHOULD TRY IT. SELOGY"