- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk egg and water together; sprinkle over flour mixture and toss. Form dough into a ball; roll out on a lightly floured surface to a 13-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- For filling, combine sugar and flour; toss with the peaches. Pour into the crust. Pour cream over peaches; sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 25 minutes longer or until peaches are tender. Let stand for 25 minutes before serving. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peaches 'n' Cream Dessert
"I'm always looking for new recipes for the delicious fresh peaches we get here in Utah. This one is definitely a winner! So easy and yet so DELICIOUS!! Try it with vanilla ice cream."
"I used home-canned peaches and reduced the sugar in the filling to 1/2 cup. It was plenty sweet enough. This is a very tasty dessert. II will definitely make this again."