"Since finding this recipe in the 1970's. I've used it several times each summer," relates field editor Margery Bryan of Royal City, Washington. "It's fabulous with the peaches grown in our area."
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk egg and water together; sprinkle over flour mixture and toss. Form dough into a ball; roll out on a lightly floured surface to a 13-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- For filling, combine sugar and flour; toss with the peaches. Pour into the crust. Pour cream over peaches; sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 25 minutes longer or until peaches are tender. Let stand for 25 minutes before serving. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Peaches 'n' Cream Dessert in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p67
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peaches 'n' Cream Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review