Peaches 'n' Cream Bars Recipe
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated seamless crescent dough sheet
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) peach pie filling
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll crescent dough sheet into a rectangle. Press onto bottom and slightly up sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 5 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and extract until smooth. Spread over crust. Spoon pie filling over cream cheese layer.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in almonds; sprinkle over peach filling.
- 4. Bake 25-28 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 151 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Peaches 'n' Cream Bars
"I made these with apple pie filling and pecans since that's what I had. It was OK as written, but I wasn't crazy about the crust. will make again, but use a crumb crust instead. And probably omit the nuts."
"I liked these, they were easy to make and I got lots of compliments. However, when I make them next time, I might revise the crust. I would either use pie crust or not bake it 5 minutes first. I'm not sure. It just seemed too done. Also the almond flavor packed a punch. I'm questioning now if I might have put in 1/2 tsp instead of 1/4."
"Thought these were very good altho a bit sweet, would be good with other types of pie filling."
"Made these without the almonds, took them to a party and every one loved them."
"These peach bars are my favorite type of desert! These bars are absolutely wonderful! I have made them many times and everyone always requests the recipe... If you are reading this and considering making this recipe, expect that they will NOT last long! :)"
"I cook for a variety of people. I made these bars for a church fellowship and they were gone in a few minutes. These bars are easy to prepare and absolutely delicious. The ingredients are economical, the ingredients compliment each other and they come out of the pan easily. I plan on making these again next week for a homeless shelter for their dessert. I know they will enjoy them as much as I do."
"I've made this recipe a few times several years ago and I am back to the website to get this recipe to make again for a new batch of coworkers. This is without question a five star dessert recipe!"
"I had made these bars for a party and now everyone asks me to bring them all the time. I have even made the recipe using apple or cherry pie filling - but, then I use vanilla and walnuts instead of the almonds."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.