- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated seamless crescent dough sheet
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) peach pie filling
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll crescent dough sheet into a rectangle. Press onto bottom and slightly up sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 5 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and extract until smooth. Spread over crust. Spoon pie filling over cream cheese layer.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in almonds; sprinkle over peach filling.
- Bake 25-28 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peaches 'n' Cream Bars
"I made these with apple pie filling and pecans since that's what I had. It was OK as written, but I wasn't crazy about the crust. will make again, but use a crumb crust instead. And probably omit the nuts."
"I liked these, they were easy to make and I got lots of compliments. However, when I make them next time, I might revise the crust. I would either use pie crust or not bake it 5 minutes first. I'm not sure. It just seemed too done. Also the almond flavor packed a punch. I'm questioning now if I might have put in 1/2 tsp instead of 1/4."
"Thought these were very good altho a bit sweet, would be good with other types of pie filling."
"Made these without the almonds, took them to a party and every one loved them."
"These peach bars are my favorite type of desert! These bars are absolutely wonderful! I have made them many times and everyone always requests the recipe... If you are reading this and considering making this recipe, expect that they will NOT last long! :)"