Peaches & Cream Pie Recipe
When fresh peaches are available, I make this pie all the time. My husband and I periodically sponsor a dessert party for our friends, and the peach cream pie remains a favorite.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- Cut pastry sheet in half. Repackage and refrigerate one half for another use. On a lightly floured surface, roll out remaining half into an 8-in. circle. Transfer to a 7-in. pie plate; flute edges.
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, cream, sugar, flour and butter. Arrange peach slices in crust; pour egg mixture over top. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°. Bake 35-45 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peaches & Cream Pie in Reminisce Extra July 2009, p52
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peaches & Cream Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Desserts for Two >
- Desserts Recipes For Two >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Peach Pie Recipes >