Peaches & Cream Jelly Roll Recipe
Cake rolls make a lovely presentation for a party, and they are simple to cut into even slices. My father taught me how to make them, and sometimes we get together and make them for family and friends.Malena Coleman, Rockville, Indiana
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup Bisquick® mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches
- Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper and grease the paper; sprinkle with flour and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 3 minutes. Beat in vanilla and salt. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Fold in biscuit mix. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Invert onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners’ sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Unroll cake; spread half of whipped cream over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with peaches and remaining whipped cream. Roll up again. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Dust with remaining confectioners’ sugar. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Peaches & Cream Jelly Roll in Best of Summer 2013 MEGAZINE
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peaches & Cream Jelly Roll(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review