- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line bottom of a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan with parchment paper; grease paper.
- Beat eggs on high speed 3 minutes. Beat in vanilla and salt. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Fold in biscuit mix. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake until cake springs back when lightly touched, 8-10 minutes. Cool 5 minutes. Invert onto a clean kitchen towel dusted with confectioners’ sugar. Gently peel off parchment paper. Roll up cake in towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble, unroll cake; spread half of whipped cream over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with peaches and remaining whipped cream. Roll up again, without towel. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Dust with remaining confectioners’ sugar. Refrigerate 2 hours. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peaches & Cream Jelly Roll
"With the biscuit mix you're going to find that this isn't your normal cake texture. Make sure you beat the eggs really well, a solid 3 minutes. You want them foamy, those air bubbles will help your cake be lighter.Sue Stetzel ~ Online Community Manager, Taste of Home"
"measured all ingredients, cake did not raise, tasted okay, but was very thin"