- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 loaf (1 pound) day-old French bread, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 12 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved; pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Arrange peaches in dish. Place half of the bread cubes over peaches. Layer with cream cheese and remaining bread. Place the eggs, cream and vanilla in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Pour over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Peaches & Cream French Toast
Sort By :
"I did add a couple tablespoons of peach juice to the cooked syrup. I also added a couple tablespoons of peach juice to the cream cheese and used my mixer and whipped it until smooth. The cream cheese mixture is easy to spread and you are not biting into a clump of cream cheese."
"We loved this!!"
"After reading some of the reviews that said it was bland, not very sweet, etc., I did change the way the ingredients were layered in the pan. I started with half the bread cubes, followed by half the peaches, the cream cheese, the remaining bread cubes and remaining peaches. I drizzled the brown sugar/butter mixture over the top and finished by pouring the egg mixture over all. We thought the french toast had a delicious caramel flavor to it and I will definitely make it this way again. My husband added some maple syrup to his, but I thought it was sweet enough without. I only made a half a batch for the two of us, but am looking forward to making a full batch the next time we have company for brunch!"
"Used maple syrup instead of corn and added allspice to egg mixture. Dusted the top with cinnamon and brown sugar! Delish!"
"Hubby and I and half the kids loved it. The other half of the kids liked the flavor, but as stated in several reviews, did not like the chunks of cream cheese. As for it not having enough flavor or sweetness, though I added some cinnamon, remembering that it is supposed to be breakfast and not dessert, I thought the flavor was fabulous. Next time I will either blend the cream cheese with some peach juice and spread it more evenly or just blend it with the eggs. I will also use peach juice instead of corn syrup for the syrup layer --wish I had thought of that while I was putting it together. We can't wait to use this recipe the next time we go with friends to a cabin getaway!"