Peaches & Cream French Toast
Wake up your sleepyheads with the wonderfully warm aroma of peaches and brown sugar in this delectable breakfast bake.
Susan Westerfield - Albuquerque, NM
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 loaf (1 pound) day-old French bread, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 12 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved; pour into a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Arrange peaches in dish. Place half of the bread cubes over peaches.
- Layer with cream cheese and remaining bread. Place the eggs, cream
- and vanilla in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Pour over
- top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 470 calories, 23 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 267 mg cholesterol, 453 mg sodium,