Perfect for parties and potlucks, this sweet and creamy treat will earn you rave reviews from all. The pecan shortbread crust makes it irresistible. —Nancye Thompson, Paducah, Kentucky
- 1 package (16 ounces) pecan shortbread cookies, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) peach gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (12 ounces) lemon-lime soda
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 cups fresh or frozen sliced peeled peaches, thawed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, gelatin and cornstarch; stir in soda until smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in whipped topping until blended. Spread over crust. Combine peaches and pineapple juice. Arrange over cream cheese layer. Pour gelatin mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Peaches & Cream Dessert in Simple & Delicious June/July 2010, p58
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peaches & Cream Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review