- 1 package (16 ounces) pecan shortbread cookies, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) peach gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (12 ounces) lemon-lime soda
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 cups fresh or frozen sliced peeled peaches, thawed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, gelatin and cornstarch; stir in soda until smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in whipped topping until blended. Spread over crust. Combine peaches and pineapple juice. Arrange over cream cheese layer. Pour gelatin mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 15 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peaches & Cream Dessert
"Very tasty, and easy to make. Didn't quite set up all the way though."
"It was good but I just wasn't wowed by it. It turned out well just not worthy of my favorites cook book."
"This is one of my favorite summer desserts when peaches are in season! I have made it three or four times and it is always raved about!"
"Very tasty, and excellent summer dessert."
"I made this for Mondays dessert, my family loved it. I gave the recipe to my daughter in laws to take home."
"I modified it by making a graham cracker crust and using apricot gelatin. I also used canned peaches and left out the pineapple juice. The gelatin thickened up nicely and I only refrigerated it for about 4 hours before serving it. It was a big hit."
"This was easy to make, and VERY good. Everyone at our family reunion loved it, and it will definitely show up at our holiday dinners in the future."
"Was very good but the top didn't set up very well and ended up being soupy in the pan."