Peach Waffle Syrup Recipe
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen unsweetened peach slices, thawed and chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the peaches, water, confectioners' sugar and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- 2. Combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually add to the peach mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups.
One 1/4-cup serving (prepared with 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar) equals 54 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.