Peach Waffle Syrup
"I make this sweet chunky syrup on Saturday mornings when my husband and I have extra time," says Kristina Dalton of Coker, Alabama. "You can substitute fresh or canned peaches," she notes.
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen unsweetened peach slices, thawed and chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a large saucepan, combine the peaches, water, confectioners' sugar
- and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for
- 20 minutes.
- Combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually add to
- the peach mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/4-cup serving (prepared with 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar) equals 54 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.