"I make this sweet chunky syrup on Saturday mornings when my husband and I have extra time," says Kristina Dalton of Coker, Alabama. "You can substitute fresh or canned peaches," she notes.
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen unsweetened peach slices, thawed and chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a large saucepan, combine the peaches, water, confectioners' sugar and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually add to the peach mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Peach Waffle Syrup in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p12
Reviews for Peach Waffle Syrup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review