Peach Upside-Down Cake Recipe
Peaches and coconut give this variation from Terri Holmgren of Swanville, Minnesota a refreshing flavor that's especially nice for spring and summer.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (29 ounces) peach halves
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Pour butter into a 9-in. round baking pan; sprinkle with brown sugar. Drain peaches, reserving 6 tablespoons of syrup. Arrange peach halves, cut side down, in a single layer over the sugar. Sprinkle coconut around peaches; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs until thick and lemon-colored; gradually beat in sugar. Add extract and reserved syrup. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well.
- 3. Pour over peaches. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; invert cake onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 351 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC