- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (29 ounces) peach halves
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pour butter into a 9-in. round baking pan; sprinkle with brown sugar. Drain peaches, reserving 6 tablespoons of syrup. Arrange peach halves, cut side down, in a single layer over the sugar. Sprinkle coconut around peaches; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until thick and lemon-colored; gradually beat in sugar. Add extract and reserved syrup. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well.
- Pour over peaches. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; invert cake onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Peach Upside-Down Cake
Sort By :
Reminds me of my mother's homemade upside down cake.
I made this many years ago, lost my recipe and found it here, Yea!!! I can't wait to make this again.... I just love the coconut in this!!!
I made this many years ago, couldn't find the recipe until now...YEA! I can't wait to make this again!!! the coconut is wonderful.
I am not a fan of pineapple upside-down cake but I love the concept of it. When I saw this recipe I had to try it. It is great and easy to make. TOH may have the wrong picture on the website though. If the picture for the recipe has almonds on it-it is the wrong pic. They swapped the pictures for this recipe and spiced apple upside down cake.