- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1-3/4 cups cold water, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 envelope sugar-free orange soft drink mix
- 2 medium ripe peaches, thinly sliced or 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to sugar mixture alternately with milk.
- Spread into a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water. Let stand for 1 minute. Stir in sugar and soft drink mix; cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in remaining cold water. Refrigerate until partially set, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Line outside of springform pan with foil. Arrange peaches over top of cake. Pour gelatin over peaches. Chill overnight. Just before serving, remove foil and sides of pan. Garnish with whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Peach-Topped Cake in Taste of Home August/September 2005, p 52
Reviews for Peach-Topped Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review