Peach Tartlets Recipe
Tarts are special treats that show off summer fruits so sweetly. The pastry is rich, tender and crunchy, almost like a cookie. I use it for every type of tart I can think of. —Leanne Wheless, Borger, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:8 servings
- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add water and egg yolks; stir until dough forms a ball.
- 2. Divide into eight portions; press onto the bottom and up the sides of eight 4-in. tart pans. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- 3. For filling, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in peaches and lemon juice.
- 4. Spoon into tart shells. Chill until serving. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 tartlet (calculated without whipped cream) equals 557 calories, 24 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 336 mg sodium, 78 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC