- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add water and egg yolks; stir until dough forms a ball.
- Divide into eight portions; press onto the bottom and up the sides of eight 4-in. tart pans. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- For filling, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in peaches and lemon juice.
- Spoon into tart shells. Chill until serving. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Peach Tartlets
Sort By :
I liked it, but I would not make it for a long time.
I didn't do the whole receipt, because my sister has to have gluten free food, but I knew she liked peaches. I only made the filling then refrigerated it over night. The next day I put the peaches into little serving bowls with whip topping on top of them. My family really seemed to enjoyed how sweet they were. I would make them again.