Peach-Stuffed Pork Chops
"The Peach-Stuffed Pork Chops are a delicious change of pace from ordinary fried pork steaks," Dorothy says.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 cup instant chicken-flavored stuffing mix
- 1 snack-size can (4 ounces) diced peaches, undrained
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 bone-in center loin pork chops (10 ounces each and 1 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a small bowl, combine the stuffing mix, peaches, water and butter.
- Cut a pocket in each pork chop by slicing almost to the bone. Stuff
- with the peach mixture and secure with wooden toothpicks. Place in
- an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine preserves and mustard; spread over chops. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes or until meat
- juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed pork chop (prepared with reduced-sodium stuffing mix, reduced-fat butter and reduced-sugar preserves) equals 507 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 542 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a