Peach Streusel Pie Recipe
Dad will want to save room for dessert when this peach pie from our Test Kitchen is on the menu. Serve each warm juicy slice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 cups sliced fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granola cereal (without raisins)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; flute edges. line the pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and peaches. Spoon into pastry shell. In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, granola, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 360 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC