Peach Streusel Pie Recipe
Dad will want to save room for dessert when this peach pie from our Test Kitchen is on the menu. Serve each warm juicy slice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 cups sliced fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granola cereal (without raisins)
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Vanilla ice cream
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; flute edges. line the pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and peaches. Spoon into pastry shell. In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, granola, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Peach Streusel Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p221
Reviews for Peach Streusel Pie(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2011
Good tasting recipe, a nice combo of traditional pie & "crisp".