Peach Strawberry Sundaes
There is something special that happens when you combine fresh lime juice with peaches and strawberries...talk about a burst of flavor! This simple yet elegant treat is fabulous on a hot summer day.Kathy Clement, Apez, North Carolina
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2-1/2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, quartered
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches and strawberries. Combine the
- sugar and lime juice; pour over fruit and gently toss to coat. Serve
- over ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup fruit mixture (calculated with 1/2 cup low-fat frozen yogurt) equals 150 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.