- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 egg
- 7 to 9 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cold water
- 4 cups sliced fresh peaches
- Whipped topping
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, nuts, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, beat 1 cup cream, egg, 2 tablespoons sugar and vanilla until slightly thickened. Stir into dry ingredients until mixture forms a ball, adding cold water if necessary.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut into three 3-1/2-in. circles, three 2-3/4-in. circles and six 1-1/4-in. circles. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Brush the tops with remaining cream. Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches and 5-7 tablespoons of sugar. Split the large and medium biscuits in half horizontally. Spoon a few peach slices on large biscuit halves; dollop with whipped topping. Top each with a medium biscuit half, remaining peaches and whipped topping and a small biscuit. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Peach Shortcake Towers in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p68
Reviews for Peach Shortcake Towers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review