Peach Salsa with Pork
"My husband and I had a dish similar to this in a restaurant, so we were determined to re-create it," says Lisa St. Pierre of Pleasanton, California. "The pork is tender, and the salsa is refreshing with peaches and lime juice."
2-3 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sliced peaches, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 to 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- Salt and pepper
- Place pork in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; rub meat with
- oil. Sprinkle with oregano and cumin. Bake, uncovered, at 400°
- for 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand
- for 10 minutes before slicing. In a bowl, combine the salsa
- ingredients. Serve with pork. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (6 ounces) equals 234 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum