- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups fresh or frozen sliced peeled peaches, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Add peaches and toss to combine. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. or 8-in.-square baking dish. Bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, rosemary and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix water and extracts; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls over peach mixture. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm. If desired, top with ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Peach-Rosemary Cobbler
Sort By :
Awful recipe. Not sweet enough. Honey combined with lemon and peach is criminal. Ate a small dishful and had to throw it out!
I was hoping this would be sweeter than it turned out to be. I didn't like the smell of the honey. I think I will look for a recipe that has white sugar and not honey next time.