Peach Rice Pudding Recipe
This old-fashioned rice pudding is layered with sliced peaches, then topped with a sweet raspberry sauce. It makes for a pretty presentation in parfait glasses.
- 6 cups milk
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- RUBY PORT WINE SAUCE:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup red currant jelly
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup port wine or red grape juice
- 4 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring milk, rice and salt just to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Stir in the sugar, butter and vanilla; cool.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, raspberries and jelly. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes. Press mixture through a fine strainer or sieve; discard seeds. Return raspberry sauce to pan. Combine cornstarch and wine or grape juice until smooth; stir into sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool.
- 3. In individual dessert dishes or in a 2-1/2-qt. trifle bowl, layer the rice pudding and peaches. Serve with sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 320 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC