Peach Rhubarb Jam
This quick jam is easy to make, especially for beginning jam makers. It also makes a great gift for friends and family! —Darlene Desotel, Monona, Iowa
56 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + standing Cook: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 quarts sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) peach pie filling
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- In a large bowl, combine rhubarb and sugar; allow to stand overnight.
- Transfer to a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and
- simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop peaches from filling. Add chopped peaches and
- remaining filling to saucepan; return to a boil. Remove from heat;
- add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Spoon into canning jars or
- freezer containers. Cool completely. Refrigerate or freeze. Yield:
- about 7 half-pints.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 74 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.