- 2 quarts sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) peach pie filling
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- In a large bowl, combine rhubarb and sugar; allow to stand overnight. Transfer to a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop peaches from filling. Add chopped peaches and remaining filling to saucepan; return to a boil. Remove from heat; add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Spoon into canning jars or freezer containers. Cool completely. Refrigerate or freeze. Yield: about 7 half-pints.
Reviews for Peach Rhubarb Jam
"Yummy! I used peach jello in place of orange because I had on hand."
"Looks great. I haven't made this recipe yet, but I'm going too. Thank you"
"I made the jam using strawberry pie filling and strawberry Jell-O. Everyone I gave a jar to asked for the recipe. I put it hot into jars and put the lids on, turned them upside down and covered with a towel for a couple of hours. They all sealed and are keeping well on a low light shelf."
"I'm looking forward to making this for Smas gifts as I already make a Strawberry, Rhubarb, Blueberry Jam the the same way - which is FABULOUS. I use 1/2 Splenda - has anyone tide using Splenda or 1/2 Splenda in this recipe to cut the sugar for diabetics?"
"Very, very good. Really easy to make. I'd cut down on the sugar - maybe 3 coups would be enough (?). Put the hot mixture in pint jars, put canning lids on and let them set on the cupboard. They sealed themselves. I think it would also be good in the freezer."