This quick jam is easy to make, especially for beginning jam makers. It also makes a great gift for friends and family! —Darlene Desotel, Monona, Iowa
- 2 quarts sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) peach pie filling
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- In a large bowl, combine rhubarb and sugar; allow to stand overnight. Transfer to a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop peaches from filling. Add chopped peaches and remaining filling to saucepan; return to a boil. Remove from heat; add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Spoon into canning jars or freezer containers. Cool completely. Refrigerate or freeze. Yield: about 7 half-pints.
Originally published as Peach Rhubarb Jam in Country Woman March/April 1993, p35
Reviews for Peach Rhubarb Jam
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review