- 2 quarts sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) peach pie filling
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- In a large bowl, combine rhubarb and sugar; allow to stand overnight. Transfer to a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop peaches from filling. Add chopped peaches and remaining filling to saucepan; return to a boil. Remove from heat; add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Spoon into canning jars or freezer containers. Cool completely. Refrigerate or freeze. Yield: about 7 half-pints.
Reviews for Peach Rhubarb Jam
Sort By :
I'm looking forward to making this for Smas gifts as I already make a Strawberry, Rhubarb, Blueberry Jam the the same way - which is FABULOUS. I use 1/2 Splenda - has anyone tide using Splenda or 1/2 Splenda in this recipe to cut the sugar for diabetics?
Very, very good. Really easy to make. I'd cut down on the sugar - maybe 3 coups would be enough (?). Put the hot mixture in pint jars, put canning lids on and let them set on the cupboard. They sealed themselves. I think it would also be good in the freezer.
So easy to make and very good! I used frozen rhubarb.
Tasted this jam immediately after making it, and did not care for it at all. All I could taste was the orange jello. Put it in pint freezer containers and let it set in the refrigerator for two days. Did a retaste and it was excellent. The rhubarb flavor really came through, and it was a good, thick consistency. Will now freeze for future use. Was very easy to make.
Spike19555 I would let it set overnight if possible, it draws out the juices of the rhubarb and allows the sugar to dissolve properly.
GG54 just over 2 lbs should do the trick.
Inapatence - I have seen similar recipes using gelatin processed but they also added pectin. I think I would stick with freezing them, just to be safe.