Peach Raspberry Jam Recipe
"Back when my children were young, I put up about 100 jars of jams and jellies each summer, including this freezer version," notes Mrs. Donn White form Wooster, Ohio. "Although I don't make that many now, I do stir up a batch to give to neighbors at Christmastime."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min. + standing YIELD:40 servings
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped peaches
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 1. Rinse five 1-cup plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- 2. Place peaches in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mash raspberries; strain to remove seeds if desired. Add raspberries and lemon juice to peaches. Stir in sugar. Let stand 10 minutes. In a small saucepan, bring water and pectin to a full rolling boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add to fruit mixture; stir 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- 3. Immediately fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24 hours.
- 4. Jam is now ready to use. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year. Thaw frozen jam in refrigerator before serving. Yield: about 5 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 90 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC