Peach Raspberry Jam Recipe
"Back when my children were young, I put up about 100 jars of jams and jellies each summer, including this freezer version," notes Mrs. Donn White form Wooster, Ohio. "Although I don't make that many now, I do stir up a batch to give to neighbors at Christmastime."
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped peaches
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- Place peaches in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mash the raspberries; strain to remove seeds if desired. Add raspberries and lemon juice to peaches. Stir in sugar. Let stand for 10 minutes. In a small saucepan, bring water and pectin to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add to fruit mixture; stir for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into jars or freezer containers; cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24 hours. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 1 year. Yield: about 5 cups.
Originally published as Peach Raspberry Jam in Country Woman July/August 2003, p41
Reviews for Peach Raspberry Jam(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review