- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped peaches
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- Rinse five 1-cup plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- Place peaches in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mash raspberries; strain to remove seeds if desired. Add raspberries and lemon juice to peaches. Stir in sugar. Let stand 10 minutes. In a small saucepan, bring water and pectin to a full rolling boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add to fruit mixture; stir 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Immediately fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24 hours.
- Jam is now ready to use. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year. Thaw frozen jam in refrigerator before serving. Yield: about 5 cups.
Originally published as Peach Raspberry Jam in Country Woman July/August 2003, p41
Reviews for Peach Raspberry Jam
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review