Peach Praline Upside-Down Cake Recipe
This cake is filled with fresh peaches, roasted Saigon cinnamon, roasted ground ginger and toasted pecans – and that makes it different. — Jeanette Nelson, Sophia, West Virginia
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 medium peaches, peeled and sliced (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and toasted pecan halves, optional
- 1. Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger. Remove from heat. Arrange peaches in a single layer over brown sugar mixture; sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks until slightly thickened. Gradually add sugar, beating on high speed until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in milk, melted butter and vanilla. Fold in flour mixture.
- 4. With clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium until stiff but not dry; gradually fold into batter. Pour batter into skillet. Bake 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 5. Cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm with whipped cream and pecan halves if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 411 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Peach Praline Upside-Down Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC