Peach Praline Pie Recipe
- 4 cups sliced peeled ripe peaches
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the peaches, 1/4 cup sugar, tapioca and lemon juice; let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, nuts and remaining sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle a third of the crumbs into pie shell. Add peach mixture; sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake for 30 minutes or until the peaches are tender and topping is golden brown. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 393 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Peach Praline Pie
"I used a large can of peaches..29 oz. and chopped walnuts.I also cut back on the sugar a bit.It turned out very good. Next time I will used fresh peaches."