We eat a lot of muffins around our house. The kids love to nibble on them around the clock. This is a favorite. —Paula Wiersma, Eastampton, New Jersey
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen peaches, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the milk, oil, egg and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in peaches and pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Peach Praline Muffins in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p167
Reviews for Peach Praline Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2012
"Delicious. Will substitute applesauce for half of oil and add cinnamon next time I bake."
Reviewed May. 20, 2011
"These are very delicious muffins. I love the topping! Yummy!"
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2010
"we LOVE these muffins and make then with fresh peaches off the tree in the summertime."