Peach Pound Cake Recipe
Our state grows excellent peaches, and this is one recipe I'm quick to pull out when they are in season. It's a tender, moist cake that receives rave reviews wherever I take it. -Betty Jean Gosnell, Inman, South Carolina
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups diced fresh or frozen peaches
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the batter alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in the peaches.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 337 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC