Peach Plum Pie Recipe
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and drained
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh purple plums
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the peaches, plums, lemon juice and extract. In another bowl, combine sugar, tapioca, lemon peel and salt. Add to fruit mixture and stir gently; let stand for 15 minutes. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; add the filling. Dot with butter.
- 2. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top o pie; cut slits in pastry. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cover the edges loosely with foil.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°. Remove foil; bake 35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 472 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Peach Plum Pie
"I love this recipe, and have made it several times. The almond extract is a brilliant addition."
"Excellent flavor I had to substitute flour for the tapioca as I was out. It is a very sweet pie. One could cut back on the sugar."