When I want to impress guests, this is the pie I prepare. Peaches, plums and a bit of lemon peel are a refreshing trio that wakes up taste buds. It's a family favorite that's requested often. -Susan Osborne, Hatfield Point, New Brunswick
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and drained
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh purple plums
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, plums, lemon juice and extract. In another bowl, combine sugar, tapioca, lemon peel and salt. Add to fruit mixture and stir gently; let stand for 15 minutes. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; add the filling. Dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top o pie; cut slits in pastry. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cover the edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°. Remove foil; bake 35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Peach Plum Pie in Taste of Home June/July 1998, p29
Reviews for Peach Plum Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review