- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 to 5 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground mace, optional
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add flour and mix well. Pat into a greased 12-in. pizza pan; prick with a fork. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Cool completely.
- Arrange peach slices on crust. In a large saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and mace if desired. Add orange juice and jelly; cook and stir over medium heat until smooth. bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Spoon over peaches. Chill for 1 hour or until set. Garnish with whipped cream if desired and serve immediately. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Peach Pizza Pie in Country August/September 1995, p51
Reviews for Peach Pizza Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review