Peach Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4-1/2 cups sliced peeled peaches
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine sugars; add peaches and toss gently. Cover and let stand for 1 hour. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge. Set aside. Drain peaches, reserving juice.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt; gradually stir in reserved juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice and butter. Gently fold in peaches. Pour into crust.
- Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 50-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Peach Pie
Sort By :
Amazing!! Does anyone know if you can use this recipe for Apple pie?
I thought this recipe was fantastic. At first I thought the lemon juice made it a little tart, but once you put a dollop of ice cream on top, oh my!
Made this last night. It came out great! I've made peach pie often and this one is a very good ans easy. Slipping the peach skins reminded me of canning with my mom!
Easy recipe and tasty! I used Splenda white and brown sugar, and large, flour tortilla wraps instead of pastry so I could freeze baked wraps individually ... and fewer calories. I also put very light smear of Amish roll butter on tops and sprinkle of Splenda sugar /cinnamon to enhance tortilla taste. I baked a cookie sheet full at 375 for 20 minutes, turned the pan around, and an additional 15-20 minutes. They come out very crispy. This way my husband and I spread out the good flavor.
Just returned from Wilcox,Az with a bushel of gorgeous peaches and thought I'd try this pie. wow! Made 2 pies, tried a piece, made 2 more pies! My husband isn't a sweet eater and he fell in love with these pies. He took some to the hospital where he works and they went nuts for them! I've been baking for 45 yrs and these are the best I've come across! Thanx!