Peach Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4-1/2 cups sliced peeled peaches
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine sugars; add peaches and toss gently. Cover and let stand for 1 hour. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge. Set aside. Drain peaches, reserving juice.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt; gradually stir in reserved juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice and butter. Gently fold in peaches. Pour into crust.
- Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 50-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Peach Pie(20)
Sort By :
The pie is awesome, except putting foil on it at the start of baking pulled off half the crust off. Do all the above, except add foil after 15-20 minutes baking. Take it off towards the end.
This is the first recipe I've tried for a peach pie and it is delicious and a major success!! I used canned peaches because I couldn't find any good fresh ones. So, I reduced the cooking time just a bit. I also did a full crust on top and did an egg wash and sprinkled with sugar. Amazing. Thank you for the recipe!
YUM!!!! This was the first scratch peach pie I have ever made. I doubled the recipe because I needed 2 pies. Worked perfect. This pie is sooooo yummy!!! After draining the sugar mixture from the peaches, I let them sit in the colander for about 15 minutes to let the rest of the water drain so the pie wouldn't be runny. This was the perfect amount of sweetness. The lemon juice gave it a fresh twist without making it tart. I made the crust from scratch too. Well worth the effort. The whole family loved the pie. I gave the 2nd one to a neighbor and they loved it to. I followed the recipe exactly and I wouldn't change a thing. One of the best peach pies I have ever tasted!!!! You can use a store bought crust, but if you have a food processor, make the crust to and it will just be out of this world!!!!!
A deliciously simple recipe that turns out an exceptional peach pie.