- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4-1/2 cups sliced peeled peaches
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine sugars; add peaches and toss gently. Cover and let stand for 1 hour. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge. Set aside. Drain peaches, reserving juice.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt; gradually stir in reserved juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice and butter. Gently fold in peaches. Pour into crust.
- Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 50-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Peach Pie
"Celia6680, you can sprinkle the bottom of the crust with "crust dust", which is equal parts granulated sugar and flour. That should help stop the bottom from getting soggy."
"Not a review but a question. How can I make a peach pie without crust getting mushy and not cooked. I had one recipe for a peach crumb but stopped making it because the bottom crust was mushy, thank you!"
"I didn't have quite enough peaches or nutmeg so I was a little nervous but this came out beautifully. I had about 4 peaches that were too ripe and wrinkled to eat so I decided to try a pie. The saucepan technique made a great thick binder to hold everything together. Everyone really likes it and this will be added in to my summer rotation!"
"Loved it!!! Making this for the 2nd time now. Made it with thawed out frozen peaches. Added the sugar to the peaches as it was thawing out stirring it a few times. It was perfect. This recipe is a keeper. Thank you!!!"
"Took this to a picnic today and it got rave reviews. Was gobbled up in no time!"
"Divine. This recipe is everything you want a peach pie to be. Delicate yet sweet peach flavors come through. The touch of nutmeg is a nice flavor. My go to recipe for peach pie now. Excellent!"
"This was one of the best peach pies I've ever eaten! I don't like nutmeg and cinnamon together, so I omitted the nutmeg and added a little extra cinnamon. Delicious!"
"I usually don't make pies but i had bought peaches and didn't want them to go bad before we could eat them all. So i decided to tryl your recipe. This is probably one of the best pies ive made ! Thank you for sharing this recipe. I will be sure to keep it with all of my favorite ones."
"This was an absolutely delicious pie. I'm not a big baker, but will be making this pie more often!"
"This is the best peach pie! The filling was thick enough to hold the pie together and very flavorful! Everyone loved it!"