Betsy Furin from Rockville, Maryland writes, "This recipe came from an old 'Cooking with the Skins' cookbook. The recipes in it were send in by players' and coaches' wives from our beloved Washington Redskins pro football team. I make this pie when our local peaches are in season."
Recommended: Our Favorite Ice Cream Recipes
- 3-1/2 cups sliced peeled peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Place peaches in a bowl; sprinkle with sugar. Let stand for 15 minutes. Drain, reserving juice in a 1-cup measuring cup. Set peaches aside.
- Add enough water to the juice to measure 1 cup; pour into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in gelatin until dissolved; add cold water. Gradually add the ice cream, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring after each addition until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 60-75 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally (mixture may separate).
- Drain peaches again; discard juice. Fold gelatin mixture into peaches. Transfer to pastry shell. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Peach Parfait Pie in Taste of Home August/September 2004, p56
Reviews for Peach Parfait Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review