- 3-1/2 cups sliced peeled peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Place peaches in a bowl; sprinkle with sugar. Let stand for 15 minutes. Drain, reserving juice in a 1-cup measuring cup. Set peaches aside.
- Add enough water to the juice to measure 1 cup; pour into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in gelatin until dissolved; add cold water. Gradually add the ice cream, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring after each addition until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 60-75 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally (mixture may separate).
- Drain peaches again; discard juice. Fold gelatin mixture into peaches. Transfer to pastry shell. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Peach Parfait Pie in Taste of Home August/September 2004, p56
Reviews for Peach Parfait Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review