Peach Pancakes with Butter Sauce Recipe
I am 10 and I enjoy helping my grandma in the kitchen. I love pancakes and peaches, so we came up with this recipe. —Mikayla Blackstar, Ponca City, Oklahoma
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves, drained and finely chopped
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 2 to 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Combine the milk, eggs and oil; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in peaches.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the corn syrup, sugar, butter and egg. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Stir in vanilla. Serve with pancakes. Yield: 16 pancakes (2 cups sauce).
2 pancakes with 1/4 cup sauce equals 507 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 485 mg sodium, 82 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Peach Pancakes with Butter Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC