Peach Pancakes with Butter Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves, drained and finely chopped
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 2 to 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Combine the milk, eggs and oil; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in peaches.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the corn syrup, sugar, butter and egg. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Stir in vanilla. Serve with pancakes. Yield: 16 pancakes (2 cups sauce).
2 each: 507 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 485mg sodium, 82g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein .
Reviews for Peach Pancakes with Butter Sauce
"I only had fresh peaches and mashed them up. It was awesome! Also only had dark corn syrup. Equally awesome."
"Great recipe, Mikayla--you and your Grandma ROCK! Keep cooking :)."
"very good, i used peaches in the batter and thinned out some peach jam for the topping , excellent ,, it also works for pineapple with pineapple jam and pears and pear jam ..i have more to try yet but like reubarb , spelling ? and cranberry also plus strawberry .. all are good for breakfast or brunch or dessert with ice cream or whipped cream ..."
"Great recipe! In a hurry? Try a can of Peach Pie Filling! :-)"
"Very good recipe, fluffy pancakes with a nice peach taste.I have a suggestion that will improve these pancakes and sauce ... instead of wasting the peach juice from the can, try adding a couple of tablespoons to the pancake batter and another couple of tablespoons to the sauce. The peach juice increases the peach flavor of the pancakes and adds a nice peach flavor to the sauce.I made 1 pancake exactly as the recipe said, then I made another pancake with 2 tablespoons of the peach juice added to the batter and added another tablespoon of flour. The flavor of the pancakes improved.I then tried the sauce as written and in another little saucepan, I poured some of the sauce from the 1st saucepan and added 2 tablespoons of peach juice to the sauce. Adding the peach juice also improved the taste of the sauce by giving it a mild peach taste that complements the flavor of the peach pancakes with 2 tbsp. peach juice added to the batter.You're off to a great start of being a good cook, Mikayla. Being the mother of 17 children with 15 grandchildren & 2 more on the way later this year, I enjoy reading recipes from a 10 year old."
"These realllllllly are that good; but I'm with Jen on skipping the 'sauce.' Just use real Maple Sirup. Good as it may be, just added cal's."
"very good and easy to make, used one cup of whole wheat flour and fresh peaches in stead of canned. Also passed on the butter sauce and used real maple syrup instead."
"I made this for my family this morning with the help of my youngest child. It was a very easy recipe and turned out simply wonderful. My husband says they are the best pancakes he has ever had, and all the kids loved them too. We will definitely be making them again."