- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups sliced peeled ripe peaches
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 20 seconds; stir. Let stand until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- In a large bowl, combine the gelatin, milk, cream and evaporated milk.
- In another bowl, mash the peaches with 1 cup sugar. Add the peach mixture, extracts, salt and remaining sugar to the cream mixture; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: about 1 quart.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peach Orchard Ice Cream
"Gelatin issue - tell me what I did wrong. Followed directions exactly for 1st time experience. Microwaved gelatin & water for 20 sec in a small microwave. When adding the "completely cooled down gelatin mixture" to the dairy mixture the gelatin immediately became stringy. Fortunately a lot of the "stringiness" stuck to the paddle and I could extract this from the ice cream mixture to reduce inclusion w/the final product. Taste is wonderful minus gelatin factor. NOTE: have made tons of ice cream with & without egg. First time using gelatin."
"This was loved by my family"
"Loved this ice cream, It was the best peach ice cream I've ever had. Thanks for sharing this."
"[quote user="Tubby65"] Has anyone tried this recipe using fat free half and half and fat free evaporated milk to lower the fat calories?[/quote] I'm sure you can make it with low fat ingredients, it just won't be as rich tasting. "
"Has anyone tried this recipe using fat free half and half and fat free evaporated milk to lower the fat calories?"