Peach Orchard Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups sliced peeled ripe peaches
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 20 seconds; stir. Let stand until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- In a large bowl, combine the gelatin, milk, cream and evaporated milk.
- In another bowl, mash the peaches with 1 cup sugar. Add the peach mixture, extracts, salt and remaining sugar to the cream mixture; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: about 1 quart.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peach Orchard Ice Cream
Sort By :
"Gelatin issue - tell me what I did wrong. Followed directions exactly for 1st time experience. Microwaved gelatin & water for 20 sec in a small microwave. When adding the "completely cooled down gelatin mixture" to the dairy mixture the gelatin immediately became stringy. Fortunately a lot of the "stringiness" stuck to the paddle and I could extract this from the ice cream mixture to reduce inclusion w/the final product. Taste is wonderful minus gelatin factor. NOTE: have made tons of ice cream with & without egg. First time using gelatin."
"This was loved by my family"
"Loved this ice cream, It was the best peach ice cream I've ever had. Thanks for sharing this."
I'm sure you can make it with low fat ingredients, it just won't be as rich tasting. "Tubby65Has anyone tried this recipe using fat free half and half and fat free evaporated milk to lower the fat calories?
"Has anyone tried this recipe using fat free half and half and fat free evaporated milk to lower the fat calories?"